GROUP INSURANCEAs an employer, you have the opportunity to provide important protection benefits of life, disability and long-term care insurance to your workforce. Providing these valuable benefits to employees can help round out your benefit package and make working for your company even more attractive for current and prospective employees. In some cases, there may be minimum employee group sizes to offer certain benefits.
Whether you already offer these employee benefits or are considering them, our employee benefit specialists can help you to evaluate your options and design a program that fits your needs. To learn more about some of the options email, call or visit us to discuss your investment needs with a trusted associate.
GROUP LIFE INSURANCEProviding life insurance for eligible employees provides them with a valuable benefit to help protect their loved ones with the flexibility of selecting or changing beneficiaries as needed. As an employer, it can provide you these benefits:
- Increased loyalty and reduced turnover of workers
- Tax-deductibility of premiums paid by employer
- Additional attractiveness of overall benefit package by offering
Life insurance and key employees: You may want to consider other ways that life insurance can be used as an employee benefit that can increase loyalty, make overall compensation more attractive for key employees and protect your business.
* Consider offering select key employees a special life insurance plan as an additional incentive for staying on or as a bonus.
* Consider purchasing life insurance with the company as beneficiary on key executive or other employees if their death would result in significant economic impact on the company's performance.
* Consider life insurance as a means of funding a business continuation plan for purchase of the company by family members, key employees, etc, who may otherwise not have the financial assets or funding to do so.
GROUP DISABILITY INSURANCEAs a business owner or executive, you share the same concerns as your workers over what would happen to you and your family if you should become disabled. The risk of disability is greater than most people think, and most individuals don't consider disability insurance on their own. Having group disability insurance that provides income for eligible employees who are partially or completely disabled due to an injury, pregnancy, disease or other covered disabling illness, is of value in many ways which include:
* Provide short- and/or long-term financial security for your employees preventing stress and making it easier for them to come back to return to work once they are better.
* Increased loyalty and reduced turnover of workers
* Tax-deductibility of premiums paid by employer
GROUP LONG TERM CARELong-term care is an increasingly important issue as people live longer, shifting the overall age of our nation's population. Providing a group long-term care insurance benefit can:
* Distinguish your company from others to help you attract and retain the best employees.
* Provides financial security for employees helping them to maintain their quality of life.
* Provide employers the benefit of an income tax-deduction
* We recommend you consult with a tax advisor to determine the deductibility and tax impacts of employee benefit contributions. This information is only a general description that has been provided as a service and is not intended to be a legal interpretation.
back to top